Five ways to make the loan process go faster
Working with a Mason-McDuffie Mortgage Corporation professional is your first step in getting your loan closed quickly. Our mortgage banking status and our in-house staff make it possible for us to close loans within 30 days or less.
Here are additional ways to make the process flow smoothly and quickly:
- Have everything ready and in one place. Here is a list of items you might need in support of your mortgage application.
- Be honest and complete when you fill out your application. Fudging your employment or residence history or omitting open credit accounts you’d rather not have considered will not increase your chances of getting a favorable loan. In 100 percent of cases, it makes it harder and takes longer.
- Respond promptly to requests for additional information. During processing, we or the lender considering your loan may need additional information. Provide it as soon as you get the request, or return the call as soon as you get the message.
- Be prepared to explain potential derogatory items in your credit report. If you had extenuating circumstances which caused you to miss or make a late payment, be prepared to explain. The loan processor isn’t judging you, they are trying to fill in all the blanks in their paperwork
- If you’re refinancing and the appraiser calls to make an appointment, make it as soon as convenient for both of you. The appraisal is one of the lengthiest parts of the mortgage loan process. Studies have shown that the single biggest factor in appraisal lag time is the appraiser’s inability to reach the homeowner to make an appointment.
Learn more about repairing your credit report.